Customer Service Representative I
Company: Veterinary Services Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
GENERAL DESCRIPTIONThe Level I Customer Service Representative
is an entry-level position. The individual is an essential member
of the customer service team and is responsible for assisting new
and existing VSI customers with identifying and assessing customer
service needs required to achieve customer satisfaction and repeat
business. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIESTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodation may be made
to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential job functions. Essential job functions and duties
include, but are not limited, to:
- Receives incoming customer services phone calls. Responds to
customer questions & inquiries in an effective, proactive, and
professional manner. Provides new and existing information
regarding VSI products, pricing, and concerns; open and closes
accounts at customer's request.
- Processes incoming customer orders accurately and efficiently,
via telephone, email, and by fax.
- For Dealer Branches: Schedules/coordinates product shipping
dates, notifies customers of delivery schedules and/or anticipated
- For Dealer Branches: Inputs customer orders, updates & makes
changes into CS computer data base according to established dept.
- Interacts professionally with outside sales reps. regarding
customer orders, shipments, problems, and concerns.
- Interacts professionally with warehouse, shipping personnel,
and delivery drivers to expedite or trace missing or delayed
- When assistance is needed, refers customers to dept. supervisor
or more experienced employees and keeps customer service supervisor
abreast of all customer-related issues, problems, concerns, and
- For Dealer Branches: Maintains customer order files, records &
related documentation in accordance with CS Department protocols
and records systems; reviews and make changes to customer
- Represents VSI in a professional manner at all times.
- Excellent attendance and dependability is an essential
requirement of this job and have the ability to work overtime as
- Responsible for maintaining good-housekeeping habits by keeping
work areas clean and organized during work shift.
- Establishes and maintains positive work relationships with
co-workers, management, customers, and vendors/suppliers to create
value and opportunity for VSI growth.
- Based on business needs, may be required to travel
- Maintain a professional demeanor, appearance and conduct at all
- Attends mandatory staff meetings and participates in group
- Performs other job-related job tasks, work assignments and/or
special projects as directed/assigned by
Management.QUALIFICATIONSThe employee must have demonstrated
experience and/or education as outlined below in order to
satisfactorily perform the essential job duties and
responsibilities. Qualifications may include, but are not limited,
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED certificate;
- One (1) three (3) years of previous work experience in a
fast-paced customer service work environment or similar work
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that
will provide the level of knowledge, skills, and ability required
for the job.
- Spanish speaking a plus (pay premium)
- Proactive team-building and relationship building, including
the ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, SMART devices, and
internal Company programs/applications).
- Proficient math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, common fractions and decimals). Demonstrate ability to
communicate effectively in both oral and written
- Proficient skills in reading, writing, and speaking the English
- Read, analyze and interpret general business procedures, work
instructions, training materials, professional, etc.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving, resolution skills, and ability to
exercise good judgement.Demonstrated customer services skills,
ability to relate effectively and tactfully with all levels of the
- Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards
governing professional behavior and interactions.
- Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job
duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast pace demanding work
environment, ability to handle multiple job duties with frequent
interruptions with calmness and professionalism.
- This position may require employee to operate Company provided
vehicle or their own personal vehicle to conduct work-related
business and therefore requires a valid drivers license, clean DMV
record and current vehicle registration.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORKING CONDITIONSThe Physical Demands and Working Conditions of
this job may require the employee to perform the following physical
activities during the course of work. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Physical Demands and Working Conditions. Physical Demands and
Working Conditions may include, but are not limited, to:
- Regularly uses a telephone/cell phone, computer (including
keyboard), SMART devices, email and/or fax for necessary
- Required to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of
- May be routinely required to stoop, bend, kneel, lift and
reach, in the performance of job duties.
- Requires the essential use of hands, speech, eyesight, and
- Vision requirements include close and distance vision,
peripheral and depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus as
- Lifting limitations for this position: 25-30lbs. on a regular
- Noise level for this work environment is typically low to
- A safety-sensitive position is one in which job performance can
affect the safety of the employee and others. An employer must be
able to demonstrate that the employee's inability or impaired
ability to perform job-related tasks could result in a direct
threat to their safety and/or the safety of others.PAY RATE$16.00
per hour + 1.00 Spanish Speaking Premium
Keywords: Veterinary Services Inc., Albany , Customer Service Representative I, Sales , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!