Metal Handler - Rotating Grave Shift
Company: ATI Metals
Posted on: September 26, 2019
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty
materials and complex components. Our products support diverse
markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas,
electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial
The Metal Handler reports to the Sr. Leader, Operations and is
responsible for the safe and effective handling of metal, quality
assurance of alloy types and assisting furnace operators with daily
* Cuts scrap metal to size, according to technical
* Packages chemistry samples as directed by leadership or
Manufacturing Technicians, and submits to Chem Mill.
* Sets up and unloads billet molds and assures proper
identification and storage of billets.
* Assures segregation of alloy types in the metal preparation
* Cuts billets to length using a horizontal band saw.
* Trims and prepares skulls for furnace operations.
* Completes all required paperwork associated with metal
processing, to be used by the furnace operator.
* Assists technicians or leadership with monthly inventory of metal
and other supplies.
* Identifies and stamps billets using a Hilti gun.
* Uses forklift and hoist to lift and move titanium material.
* Other duties as assigned.
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any
of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment
opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin,
age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status
protected be federal or state law. The company will provide
reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in
the hiring process if so requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the
essential functions of this job:
* The differences and characteristics of Titanium alloys.
* Basic mathematics.
* Torch cutting.
* Work effectively in a team environment.
* Operate various general production hand tools (grinder, saws,
wire wheels, etc.) in a safe and effective manner.
* Effectively follow verbal and written instructions.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
* Cutting (torch) experience is preferred.
* Lift truck experience is preferred.
* Hoist experience is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: ATI Metals, Albany , Metal Handler - Rotating Grave Shift, Professions , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!