Company: ATI Metals
Posted on: February 27, 2019
ATI is Building the World's Best Specialty Materials Company™. We focus our advanced specialty materials technology, unsurpassed manufacturing capabilities, and innovative products to serve global end use markets with highly diversified and specialized product offerings. ATI is one of the largest and most diversified high performance specialty materials producers in the world. We have employees world-wide who use innovative technologies to offer growing global markets a wide range of high performance specialty materials solutions.
ATI Millersburg is seeking a Journeyman Machinist to join our team. If you are looking for an opportunity to support a growing, world-class manufacturing company with multiple manufacturing operations, then this position is for you!
The primary functions of a Journeyman Machinist is to layout work, set up and operate manual and CNC lathes, mills and other machine tools with carbide and high speed steel tooling. This position selects tools for the job in accordance with hardness, machinability and other properties of parts to be machined to precision tolerances and specified finishes. This position sets up and operates machines, adjusting stops, feeds and speeds for efficient machining.
Job Duties/Primary Function:
* Ability to read and interpret prints, sketches, and follow work instructions
* Programming using Mastercam, Conversation Programming, and G & M Codes
* Setup and Operate CNC Mills, CNC Lathes, Manual Mills, and Lathes
* Perform in process inspections using multiple inspection equipment, to include the ability to hold tight tolerances and surface finishes
* Good Math skills and able to calculate proper feeds and speeds
* Perform duties in a safe and timely manner
Optional Advanced Skills Desired:
* Ability to machine exotic types of metals to include: Zirconium, and Titanium
* Operate CMM inspection equipment
* Candidate must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
* Candidate must have four years verifiable Journeyman status as a machinist in an industrial or manufacturing environment. Formal education documentation may be considered as part of an individual's qualifications
* Candidate must be open to shift work that could include rotation
Due to the nature of its operations, including certain federal government contracts, ATI Millersburg Operations must track -- and in some cases limit employment opportunity based on -- citizenship or immigration status.
ATI Metals and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Keywords: ATI Metals, Albany , Journeyman Machinist, Professions , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!