Company: Army National Guard
Posted on: November 18, 2018
Clean, running water and heat are necessities of life, and as a Plumber for the Army National Guard, you--------ll train for a career that will always be in demand.
In this role, you will work on pipe systems for water, steam, and waste, as well as hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Duties include reading drawings, plans, and specifications, planning the layout of pipe systems, and installing and maintaining pipe systems and plumbing fixtures. This will require the ability to work with pipe made of various materials and different pipe connection methods.
------- Maintain heating systems, basic water supply, and water distribution systems
Some of the Skills You--------ll Learn
------- Installation and repair of plumbing fixtures, boiler controls, water purification, and distillation systems
------- Interest in math and shop mechanics
------- Preference for physical work
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career in commercial and residential contracting. With additional certifications, you could work for public utility companies, plumbing contractors, or as a self-employed contractor.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
After 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you will learn fundamental Soldiering skills, you will attend seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) where you'll learn what you need to get started as an Army National Guard Plumber. As your skills increase, so will your responsibilities. Advanced Plumbing Specialists take on more challenging projects, including training and supervising other Soldiers, and performing inspections of plumbing facilities.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.
Keywords: Army National Guard, Albany , 12K Plumber, Professions , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!