Company: Veterinary Services Inc.
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Job DescriptionGENERAL DESCRIPTIONUnder general supervision,
warehouse forklift operators are responsible for moving materials,
products, and merchandise shipments in the warehouse region and for
loading and unloading truck trailers in the shipping/receiving dock
area.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIESTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodation may be made
to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential job functions. Essential job functions and duties
include, but are not limited, to:
- Uses forklift (stand-up lift, or sit-down lift or electrical
pallet jack) to move/transfer materials to various areas within the
VSI warehouse, on/off onto pallets, loading platforms, delivery
trucks, etc. Depending on the assigned equipment and certification,
required to operate different equipment models as assigned by
- Manually loads/unloads delivery trucks; organizes and prepares
outbound finished products, according to customer job order
- Uses forklift, electrical pallet jack, and/or manually, unloads
inbound deliveries, takes to appropriate warehouse location, neatly
organizes, and rotates stock on inventory shelves/aisles.
- Wraps material loads and ensures that work aisles are kept free
of trash/debris at all times.
- Operates forklift safely and efficiently at all times; complies
with forklift driving procedures and workplace safety rules
pertaining to the job.
- Performs daily routine inspections (using VSI forklift
inspection check-off list) of forklift equipment and electrical
components to ensure machinery is operational and in good working
order. Promptly reports any damage to racks, equipment, or any
safety hazards to management.
- Prepares specialized reports, including Dock, Order Picking,
Replenishment and Product Reports.
- Required to perform regular warehouse worker job duties
(packaging, shipping, receiving, inventory control, refrigeration
unit duties, pulling/stocking products, order selection and any
other warehouse duties) as assigned by management.
- Plans and organizes daily workload and ensures that work is
performed in an efficient manner that meets VSI quality standards
of performance as well as daily, weekly, and monthly production
goals and objectives.
- Uses scanner guns and other types of tools, equipment, and
materials needed for satisfactory completion of the job.
- Ensures compliance with VSI safety rules as well as warehouse
- Required to complete forklift operator training provided by
OSHA standards, and to maintain current forklift
- Works overtime and weekends as needed and/or required, based on
production needs and staffing requirements.
- Represents VSI in a professional manner at all times.
- Excellent attendance and dependability is an essential
requirement of this job and have the ability to work overtime as
- Responsible for maintaining good-housekeeping habits by keeping
work areas clean and organized during work shift.
- Establishes and maintains positive work relationships with
co-workers, management, customers, and vendors/suppliers to create
value and opportunity for VSI growth.
- Based on business needs, may be required to travel
- Maintain a professional demeanor, appearance and conduct at all
- Attends mandatory staff meetings and participates in group
- Performs other job-related job tasks, work assignments and/or
special projects as directed/assigned by
Management.QUALIFICATIONSThe employee must have demonstrated
experience and/or education as outlined below in order to
satisfactorily perform the essential job duties and
responsibilities. Qualifications may include, but are not limited,
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED certificate;
- One (1) or more years of forklift operator work experience in
manufacturing, warehouse distribution, or similar work environment;
- Any combination of experience, education, and training that
will provide the level of knowledge, skills, and ability required
for the job.
- Proactive team-building and relationship building, including
the ability to work individually and as a team member.
- Proficient math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, common fractions and decimals).
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both oral and
- Proficient skills in reading, writing, and speaking the English
- Read, analyze and interpret general business procedures, work
instructions, training materials, professional, etc.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving, resolution skills, and ability to
exercise good judgement.
- Demonstrated customer services skills, ability to relate
effectively and tactfully with all levels of the organization.
- Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards
governing professional behavior and interactions.
- Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job
duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast pace demanding work
environment, ability to handle multiple job duties with frequent
interruptions with calmness and professionalism.
- This position may require employee to operate Company provided
vehicle or their own personal vehicle to conduct work-related
business and therefore requires a valid drivers license, clean DMV
record and current vehicle registration.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORKING CONDITIONSThe Physical Demands and Working Conditions of
this job may require the employee to perform the following physical
activities during the course of work. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Physical Demands and Working Conditions. Physical Demands and
Working Conditions may include, but are not limited, to:
- Regularly uses warehouse equipment (electrical forklift, pallet
jack, hand cart, load bars, e-straps personal protective equipment,
and resources) for successful completion of job duties.
- Regularly uses a telephone/cell phone, computer (including
keyboard), SMART devices, email and/or fax for necessary
- Required to stand, walk and sit for extended periods of
- May be routinely required to stoop, bend, kneel, lift and
reach, in the performance of job duties.
- Requires the essential use of hands, speech, eyesight, and
- Vision requirements include close and distance vision,
peripheral and depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus as
- Will frequently lift, push, or move individual products that
weigh up to 75lbs., and at times may be required to operate
equipment to move a pallet weighing up to or over 2000 lbs.
- Noise level for this work environment is typically moderate to
- Warehouse temperature varies due to climate variations.
- A safety-sensitive position is one in which job performance can
affect the safety of the employee and others. An employer must be
able to demonstrate that the employee's inability or impaired
ability to perform job-related tasks could result in a direct
threat to their safety and/or the safety of others.
Keywords: Veterinary Services Inc., Albany , Forklift Operator, Professions , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!