Refrigeration Project Engineer
Company: Oregon Freeze Dry
Posted on: May 14, 2022
OFD has a current opening for a Refrigeration / Ammonia Project
Engineer.-- - This position is responsible for OFD--------s
refrigeration system and PSM program for Oregon facilities,
including management of capital projects and leadership of
compliance activities across all Oregon Plants. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: ----- - Manages
all aspects PSM program for all Oregon facilities and ensures
employee safety, and full compliance with federal, state, and
regulatory requirements.-- - This includes, but is not limited to
training, verification and documentation; RMP and ERP maintenance,
facilitates PHA audits, documents and drives action plans,
facilitates regular PSM meetings, and MOC documentation. ----- -
Coaches, implements and enforces local, state, and federal codes
and regulations, particularly those regarding workplace safety,
food safety, and environmental compliance. ----- - Acts as a first
responder on the company hazardous material team.
- Coordinates major projects and repairs with engineering staff
and production supervision.
- Manages all aspects of refrigeration projects, as well as any
other projects as assigned, including cost estimates, scheduling,
project scope, appropriation requests, purchasing and contracts,
budget management, installation, start-up and hand-off to
- Organizes projects and tasks with contingency and back up plans
to minimize the impact to production and throughput.
- Implements capital projects and provides technical services to
maintain and optimize existing or provide new mechanical services
- Provides technical assistance to manufacturing pertaining to
production equipment, utility systems, and facilities. Acts as lead
troubleshooter for the refrigeration maintenance department and
primary contact for production management
- Optimizes output of facility through coordination of
manufacturing and scheduling of maintenance of refrigeration
equipment (both preventative and repairs). QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field required.
- Ten years in maintenance with positions of progressive
responsibility in maintenance and engineering strongly
- Familiarity with maintaining a Process Safety Management
- Knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems and demonstrated
ability to troubleshoot ammonia refrigeration systems; 5
years-------- experience with ammonia systems preferred.
- IIAR or RETA Certified to manage PSM System preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, validation, calibration, resource
scheduling, purchasing, receiving, and capital project cost
tracking systems preferred.
- Knowledge of and ability to coach OSHA safety policies.
- Demonstrated ability to use financial analysis, estimating and
planning concepts to complete projects timely and on budget.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and analytics to help drive
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including proficiency in
Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to have good verbal and written
- Must have reliable transportation to transport self between
company facilities during work hours, as needed, and transportation
to and from off-site company events. SALARY AND BENEFITS Depends on
qualifications/ experience.-- - Excellent benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, flex spending, short term
disability, vacation pay, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays,
paid volunteer opportunities and more!YourMembership. Keywords:
Project Engineer, Location: Albany, OR - 97321
Keywords: Oregon Freeze Dry, Albany , Refrigeration Project Engineer, Professions , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!