SYGMA Driver Trainee
Company: The SYGMA Network
Posted on: January 15, 2022
US3069 Sygma Portland, a Division of The Sygma Network, Inc
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Assist the driver in unloading of product at customer locations
according to customer invoices, Preferred Work Methods and company
- Unload product according to customer specifications and SYGMA
delivery procedures at customer locations.
- Develops and establishes good relationships with customers by
providing excellent, courteous service.
- Learn route on current bid.
- Assist in all aspects of route paperwork.
- Works safely by following SYGMA's Preferred Work Methods.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Attend CDL School when scheduled.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES THAT MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Assist the driver in the pre-trip and coupling of equipment to
ensure the vehicle is safe to operate. Assists with ensuring
tandems are properly and safely locked out to meet any applicable
laws for weight requirements.
- Provides assistance in routing with map reading and giving
directions on route. Helps with situations involving low
clearances, i.e., getting out of vehicle and directing driver under
a low underpass to ensure proper clearance.
- Assisting with delivery set up at the customer location. This
includes all three compartments of the trailer, and requires
directing the driver to ensure the proper set up is attained
- Assist driver in backing situations by getting out of the truck
and watching for hazards, communicate using hand signals and or
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED or the equivalent in work experience is
necessary. Previous food distribution and frozen food handling is
preferred. You must be able to read and write clearly.
- Work is medium to heavy in nature. Half the day is spent
sitting in a tractor/trailer unit. Must be able to climb into
trailer, lift 50 lb. boxes frequently, lift up to 75 lb. boxes
occasionally, and move product on the 2-wheeler. You must be able
to communicate clearly to customers.
- You must be able to read at a distance close to the eyes and at
arm's length, with or without correction. You may be required to
back/direct driver through hand signals or verbal
- Activities occur both inside (protection from weather
conditions but not temperature changes) and outside. Position is
subject to various roads, mechanical and electrical hazards.
- A two wheeled dolly. A pallet jack.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION:
- A valid driver's license,
- CDL-A permit
All position requirements are subject to reasonable modification to
accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Some position requirements may exclude qualified individuals who
pose a direct threat of significant risk to the health and safety
of themselves or other employees.
This description does not state or imply that these are the only
duties to be performed by the person in this position. Employees
will be required to follow and perform any other job related
instruction and duties by their supervisor.
This document is not intended to create an employment contract,
implied or otherwise; rather employment is on an at-will basis
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: The SYGMA Network, Albany , SYGMA Driver Trainee, Professions , Clackamas, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!