Process Specialist Formulator
Company: ATI Metals
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty
materials and complex components. Our products support diverse
markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas,
electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial
ATI Albany Operations is seeking a Process Specialist Materials
Formulator to join our team. If you are looking for an opportunity
to support a growing, world-class manufacturing company with
multiple manufacturing operations, then this position is for
Employees in this position are responsible for performing a wide
variety of responsibilities related to the assignment and flow of
material, ensuring internal and customer requirements are met.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Receiving and evaluating order requirements, preparing production
travelers, mill instructions, and work instructions, like reviewing
customer agreements and evaluating what can or cannot be used in a
* Providing instructions for producing final products that will
meet specifications in accordance with approved processes.
* Determining and assigning specific materials and quantities.
* Performing matrix calculations related to alloy composition and
understanding equipment capacity.
* Prioritizing press schedule for Melt floor to ensure steady work
flow and on-time delivery.
* Work with Shop Floor on any restrictions they may have like: PMS
-- Maintenance, Weld Tank restrictions etc.
* Tracking inventories focusing on reducing and controlling
inventory at specific levels to meet ATI Business System goals and
* Applying ATI Management Core Values, Business Ethics and Safety
Vision in performing daily activities and in behavior towards staff
members, coworkers, customers and vendors.
* Ability to apply algebraic principles to material formulations in
order to achieve chemistry requirements for final product.
* Ability to handle several projects at once in a fast-paced
* Solid analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required to
translate complex requirements into simple language and/or
activities and communicate to operation department personnel.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn new
programs on the fly.
* Must be able to communicate to a broad audience - both upstream
*It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any
of the company's positions.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment
opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin,
age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status
protected be federal or state law. The company will provide
reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in
the hiring process if so requested.
* Bachelor's Degree and 2 years' experience in a manufacturing
* An equivalent combination of experience and education may be
* Ability to manage physical inventories and maintain critical
records using various computer programs (such as OPM, Keystone,
Excel and Word).
* Knowledge of material control principles, forecasting, and
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: ATI Metals, Albany , Process Specialist Formulator, Other , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!