Accounts Payable Clerk
Company: Robert Half Accountemps
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Do you have solid background in basic accounting practices? Are you interested in becoming a vital member of a financial team? Robert Half is experiencing a high demand for Accounts Payable positions from our clients in the Albany area. From Clerks to Senior roles, individuals in these positions are responsible for performing a range of accounting and clerical tasks related to the Accounts Payable function. This generally includes receiving, processing, and verifying invoices, tracking and recording purchase orders, and processing payments. The ideal candidate will be incredibly detail oriented, have strong time management skills, and possess effective communication skills.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances and preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical financial and payment records.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field a plus
- Previous Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Ability to track budget expenses
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in analyzing information
- Knowledge of Accounting
- Excellent communication skills to promote vendor relationships
- Data entry skills
- General math skills
Contact Robert Half today to learn more about these important financial roles!
Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.
Keywords: Robert Half Accountemps, Albany , Accounts Payable Clerk, Other , Albany, Oregon
here to apply!