Crew Supervisor, Quality Inspection
Company: ATI Metals
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Proven to Perform.
From the edges of space to the bottoms of ocean, our materials are
proven to perform -- and so is our team. We're hiring high
performers as proven as our products. Join us.
ATI Millersburg is seeking a Crew Supervisor to join our Quality
Inspection team. This is a swing shift position that works Monday -
Friday, typically from 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm with some flexibility in
hours. The Crew Supervisor is a thought leader, a facilitator and a
master problem solver and can lead effectively in an environment of
shifting priorities. This position is responsible for training,
coaching, motivating, and leading the inspection workforce to
ensure safe and efficient operation of the Millersburg inspection
The Crew Supervisor will be responsible for leading a team of 10-12
direct reports with diverse personalities. The Crew Supervisor is
responsible for training, coaching, motivating, and leading the
inspection workforce to ensure employee safety and product quality.
In order to become successful and provide immediate impact, you
will have to quickly learn ATI and the department, processes,
products and customers, and work collaboratively with
cross-functional teams including a unionized workforce,
engineering, quality, and safety. Attention to detail, strong
problem-solving skills, a continuous improvement mindset, the
ability to act quickly and make impactful decisions, and
exceptional interpersonal skills are included in the skillset of a
successful Crew Supervisor.
* Plan and direct department activities to obtain safe and
* Apply Leadership skills to lead, motivate and train
* Interpret and enforce policies while maintaining the provisions
of the labor agreement.
* Drive "right fist time" initiatives.
* Work toward establishing a team environment that fosters a
culture of Safety and Quality as the foundation of what we do.
* Identify, plan and lead improvement events.
* Write new and correct existing documents to reflect current work
* Ensure strict adherence to both internal and external customer
* Review specifications for acceptability based on existing or
attainable inspection capabilities.
* Provide swing shift supervision support for Operations as
* At least 3 years of formal or informal supervisory experience in
manufacturing, dimensional inspection, or in a heavy industrial
* Bachelor's degree preferably in science, business, engineering,
* A certificate in a dimensional inspection related program from a
technical or trade school.
* Continuous Improvement training or experience.
Skills & Abilities
* Experience utilizing computerized information systems and
software. Oracle (OPM and EAM).
* Experience with LEAN manufacturing practices and continuous
improvement concepts are desired.
* Demonstrated knowledge of inspection principles and associated
* Experience supervising bargaining unit employees is a plus.
We thrive when the expectations are great, and the barriers are
high. We're solving the world's most difficult challenges through
materials science. Our advanced, integrated process technologies
and proven performers give us a tremendous competitive advantage.
When customers systems need to fly higher, dig deeper, stand
stronger, and last longer -- anywhere on, above or below the earth
-- ATI is proven to perform.
* It is ATI's policy to not provide immigration sponsorship for any
of the company's positions.
Due to the nature of its operations, including certain federal
government contracts, ATI Specialty Alloys & Components must track
-- and in some cases limit employment opportunity based on --
citizenship or immigration status.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment
opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability
status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The
company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an
applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Keywords: ATI Metals, Albany , Crew Supervisor, Quality Inspection, Other , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!