Company: Oregon Freeze Dry
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionOregon Freeze Dry is a world class,
purpose-driven technology solutions company with nearly six decades
of freeze-drying expertise. We find inspiration in our ability to
create solutions that improve the lives of individuals and
communities around the globe. Our customers and consumers look to
us to do this through the science and craft of freeze-drying /
lyophilization. Our driven and passionate team needs to expand, as
we continue to experience strong sustainable growth across multiple
markets. We are looking for the intellectually curious who want to
make a difference in a fast growing, quick paced team environment
and who are inspired by the opportunity to pioneer new areas that
touch lives all over the world! Is this you?We currently have an
opening for a Buyer I. In this role, you will be responsible for
purchasing high quality raw materials (food ingredients, etc.) and
packaging supplies (cardboard, foil, oxygen absorbers, etc.) from
all over the world!SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE,
BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Establish and maintain positive, respectful, professional
working relationships with suppliers and other departments.
- Negotiates prices and terms for purchased goods and
- Track purchases and deliveries, monitors supplier quality and
maintains databases of supplier information. Solve problems with
orders in an efficient and timely manner. Raise awareness of issues
that may impact production schedule.
- Use OFD business systems to determine replenishment levels and
place orders for inventory and manufacturing supplies.
- Support other OFD departments by maintaining advantageous
service agreements and vendor managed inventory programs for
Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) Supplies.
- May be called on, at the discretion of Manager, Procurement, to
perform other activities or fulfill assignments in other areas as
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of college or technical school with emphasis in
business or supply chain preferred.
- Knowledge of various inventory management theories.
- Proficiency in software and systems for inventory and
- Understanding of general manufacturing processes and
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of activity or
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including proficiency in
Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally with others,
both internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain organized business
- Demonstrated ability to follow-up on open action items in
timely and organized manner.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion to
apply knowledge to variable situations. SALARY AND BENEFITS:$17.87
- $26.80 (depending on experience).
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid
time off, paid holidays, and more!Individuals expressing interest
in this opening may be provided a job description outline detailing
the specific duties and responsibilities of this position.
Candidates may be required to participate in personal interviews
and other evaluation processes. Criminal background checks may be
completed on all applicants. Oregon Freeze Dry is a drug free
workplace.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERPowered by
Keywords: Oregon Freeze Dry, Albany , Buyer I, Other , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!