Company: W. R. Grace & Co.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Built on talent, technology, and
trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and
engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business
segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide
innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the
products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace
employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30
W. R. Grace is looking for Chemical Operators to help us meet
our growing demand of products for the pharma and catalyst
industries. This position performs chemical processing operations
and related activities in a safe and environmentally sound manner,
as directed by the Shift Supervisor. This position is located in
Albany, Oregon and works 12-hour shifts.
- Operate chemical processing equipment and computerized control
equipment with a working knowledge of GMP (Good Manufacturing
Practices) while following detailed operating procedures.
- Safely handle hazardous materials using proper personal
- Set up equipment such as pumps, reactors, centrifuges, and
dryers in order to meet quality.
- Ensure a clean and organized work environment is maintained at
- Setting up and charging raw materials to processing equipment
involving lifting, bending and squatting with up to 45 pounds.
- Transferring product (~2 lbs) using repetitive scooping motion
with some twisting and/or turning.
- Extended periods wearing chemical coveralls made of synthetic
materials with sealed seams in combination with a
- Moving drums weighing up to 400 lbs. using a drum dolly or
hydraulic drum lift. Moving pallets weighing up to 1200 lbs
using hydraulic pallet jack or electric fork lift.
- Climbing or descending stairs to access different levels of the
- The ability to operate processing equipment and computerized
control equipment; relevant production experience is
- Solid mechanical skills with the ability to troubleshoot
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Forklift certification or the ability to be forklift
- The ability to lift 45 lbs throughout the shift.
- The ability to work rotating (monthly) 12-hour shifts.
- Basic understanding of chemistry, fluid flow, and heat
- A high school diploma or equivalent with solid mathematical
- At least 6 months manufacturing experience including shift
Grace is not accepting
unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment
opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes
submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the
Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written
search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole
property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate
is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other
Statement: W. R. Grace & Co. is
committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran
status or any other legally protected
If you are a qualified
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request
a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: W. R. Grace & Co., Albany , Chemical Operator, Other , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!