Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join our Winning Team today and
start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of
over 130 grocery stores, complete with our own distribution centers
and transportation network. Were proud to operate across 10 states
west of the Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners because
we are! We believe, as the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make
the lives of the communities where we operate better by giving them
the best possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on
the success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest
Employee-Owned company in the United States and is #59 on the
Forbes.com list of largest privately owned companies. Did you know
that WinCo has more than 500 millionaire
employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)? Once
eligible, you can start your journey to ownership with an annual
gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most
locations and subject to vesting, check the locations Summary Plan
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits
in the industry, with low cost, high quality medical
benefits with rates as low as $30 a month, enrollment
in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement opportunities, paid
vacation and sick leave, competitive wages, tuition reimbursement,
employee assistance, discount program and even voluntary benefits
like Pet Insurance!
Sets-up and maintains the
condition of the department according to company standards.
Consistently provides friendly, courteous service to internal and
external customers. Ensure product quality and selection. Performs
other related work.
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness and
interactive engagement with our customers with a willing emphasis
toward providing fast, friendly customer service, willingly and
promptly addressing and resolving and customer concern which may
include immediate replacement of bad product, expediting product
returns or refunds, help in locating items throughout the store and
willingly taking them to the item.
- Performs receiving duties including: verifying orders against
invoices; reporting shortages and claims to ensure proper billing;
breaking down loads and dating product; cutting cases; stacking,
pricing and marking merchandise; maintaining produce storage area;
- Insures proper merchandising for freshness and quality of goods
by through proper handling to minimize damage and spoilage of
product, building produce displays; rotating stock; discarding
outdated or spoiled product; ensuring proper pricing and signing of
products; using related equipment such as box cutters, cardboard
and trash compactors hand trucks, pallet jacks and fork lift;
- Maintains cleanliness and eye-appeal of work area, storage
area, and selling floor.
- Ensures safe/secure work environment.
- Performs duties with honesty and integrity.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- Performing basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiple) and
compute weights and measures.
- Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied shifts between 4:00 am and 11:00 pm in a 24/7
operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
- Conduct visual inspection of product, display, read written
- Communicate in writing to others.
- Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and
weights up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Push and pull fully loaded handtrucks and pallet jacks.
- Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend,
twist and turn frequently.
- Perform safe/quick movements and operate related equipment
listed below with manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Work with hands exposed to ice, moisture, fruits and
- Work for prolonged periods of time is a refrigerated
environment 34 55 degrees F.
- Learn proper handling, preparation, seasonality, and
perishability, product safety, sanitation procedures and department
- Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective
equipment as required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
- Food Handlers Certification (Per
Machines and Equipment
- Includes such tools and equipment as
knives, wrappers, scales, compactors, garbage disposals, hand
trucks, pallet jacks, fork lift and ladder
The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of work performed by the employees
assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company
policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and
qualifications required of personnel may vary.
Foods continues to grow, our diversityfrom our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiencesis essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Albany , Clerk, Other , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!