Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor
Company: Prestige Care, Inc
Posted on: October 28, 2019
Timberview Care Center::
The Timberview Care Center is located in the historic district of
Albany, directly across the street from Albany General Hospital.
When you enter our quaint community, the first thing you hear is
laughter; our community believes happiness is the cornerstone of
any community environment.
We spend our days and nights with fascinating people who are full
of wonderful stories to share. We take the time to get to know our
residents and consider each and every one to be a cherished and
respected member of our family.
For patients who need assistance with activities of daily living,
medication management, and periodic assessment and treatment by a
professional staff, Timberview offers quality care with a personal
Any Questions: Contact
Prestige Care is about people helping people, and is rooted in a
philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity,
commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our
mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart
and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige
we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not
only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have
the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and
advance your career.:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the
skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a
Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an employee, you
are part of our family. With a company focus on career development
and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at
our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The
healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to
collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check
out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that
includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage:
Employer paid group life and ADD insruance:
401(k) plan with company match:
Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays:
Employee Assistance Program:
Commitment to career development and continuing education:
Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement:
Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much
*Benefits may vary by location
The Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor oversees the housekeeping
and laundry departments and is responsible for maintaining the
center or community in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition and
for processing linens, garments and other washables.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides day to day supervision to housekeeping and laundry team
members including hiring, training, scheduling and performance
* Leads and manages the housekeeping and laundry departments with
the highest level of quality, service and safety.
* Ensures that the housekeeping and laundry departments operate
within their budget including managing supply and labor costs.
* Inventories and orders necessary supplies for housekeeping and
* Manages housekeeping and laundry tasks to ensure timely
completion of duties including coordinating with other departments
to make sure needs are met.
* Ensures that resident rooms, apartments, public restrooms,
offices and common areas are maintained in a safe, clean,
comfortable, and attractive manner, keeping residents personal
* Cleans, straightens and picks up trash throughout the center or
community including sinks, toilets, plumbing fixtures, mirrors and
surfaces, and replenishing soap and paper products. Vacuums, sweeps
and mops floors on a routine basis.
* Cleans spills, soiled areas, and other conditions as observed or
directed. Safely uses cleaners and other hazardous materials in
accordance to product instructions and department procedure.
* Cleans exterior windows, patios, or other outside areas as
observed or assigned.
* Manages the collection and laundering of soiled clothing and
linen, folding and preparing clean clothing and linen for
distribution to resident rooms and center or community linen
* Ensures linen and resident clothing are in useable condition by
mending torn linens or garments and replacing items as
* Keeps laundry and housekeeping work spaces and storage areas
organized and clean according to established procedures.
* Ensures that housekeeping and laundry appliances, equipment and
supply carts are properly maintained, maintenance and stored.
* Follows building fire safety and infection control practices and
promptly reports any unsafe conditions or equipment to
Administrator, Executive Director or Maintenance Director
* Participates in interdisciplinary team/leadership team by
actively contributing in decision making, grievance follow up,
building and company-wide initiatives and attending leadership team
meetings such as daily stand up, QAPI, Infection Control and other
meetings as required.
* Participates in center/community s manager on duty program as
* Interacts with residents, visitors, and staff courteously,
respecting individual confidentiality, dignity and rights
* Other duties as assigned.
COMPANY WIDE RESPONSIBLITIES:
* Demonstrates Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Commitment and
* Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents,
residents families, visitors and staff.
* Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to
residents, employees, the facility, and company information and
* Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices
safe working habits.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* 2 years of housekeeping and/or laundry experience, preferably in
a health care setting. 1+ years in a housekeeping and/or laundry
supervisor position with experience managing budgets and leading a
team preferred. Ability to manage competing priorities and
effectively manage demanding workload. Strong attention to
* High school diploma or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained
through a combination of education, training and experience.
Keywords: Prestige Care, Inc, Albany , Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!