Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 135 grocery stores,
complete with our own distribution centers and transportation
network. We're proud to operate across 10 states west of the
Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe, as
the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the
United States. WinCo has more than 500 millionaire employee-owners
in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Once eligible, you can
start your journey to ownership with an annual gift of stock
equaling 20% of what you make each year. (ESOP available at most
locations and subject to vesting)
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low
cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $40 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Gathers carts from the parking lot. Consistently provides friendly,
courteous customer service to internal and external customers.
Performs other related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
* Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
* Gathers carts manually and by using a remote controlled cart
pusher, guiding carts, assembling carts, gathering stray carts,
* Picks up litter from the grounds, planters and the cart room.
* Gathers stray carts in the store.
* Empty recycle machine containers into proper bins (glass,
* Maneuver/stack bins for pick-up.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
* Consistently provide friendly, courteous service to internal and
* Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 7:00 am to 11:00
pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
* Walk, push, pull, and maneuver grocery carts up to 100 lbs.
* Reach in front and bend to pick up items at ground level.
* Stand, walk and move rapidly for long periods of time.
* Work out of doors in cold, hot, and inclement weather
* Exhibit mental awareness of what is going around them for safety
in the parking lot.
* See carts needing to be gathered.
* Exhibit customer relation skills.
* Learn safety and department policies & procedures.
* Hear audible requests (i.e., pages, customers asking
* Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. often from floor to 6 ft. high.
* Ability to maneuver up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
* Wear reflective vest while outside.
* Must be 16 years of age or older.
* Perform primary duties efficiently and accurately.
* Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
* Cart Mover and associated remote control system.
* Manual Pallet Jack.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees
must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Albany , Cart Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!