Clinic Care Coordinator
Company: Samaritan Health Services
Posted on: November 19, 2023
- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Functions to serve as an advocate, educator and coordinator of
services for at-risk patients.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- The Primary Care teams at Samaritan Health Services offer
complete health care for all family members from newborns to
seniors through their pediatric, family medicine and internal
medicine providers. They encourage and offer preventive care,
including annual exams, health screenings and counseling regarding
health and lifestyle.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) of the following required:
- Bachelor's degree in a health related field and one (1) year
experience in a healthcare setting.
- Associate's degree or successful completion of a technical
program, plus a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant (RMA or
CMA) and two (2) years experience in a healthcare setting.
- Three (3) years experience in a healthcare setting and two (2)
years professional customer service experience.
- Healthcare Provider Level BLS required within 90 days of
- Certification or Registration as a Medical Assistant (RMA or
- Experience in the following preferred:
- Outpatient, ambulatory care and/or community healthcare.
- Care coordination.
- A primary care related setting.
- Chronic conditions.
- Electronic medical information systems.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Patient Care - Possess the skills and knowledge needed to
assist and care for others. Ability to recognize symptoms, drug
properties and interactions, treatments, and preventive health-care
measures within scope of practice.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Ability to respond quickly and
appropriately to situations that may arise with high risk or
diverse patient populations. Ability to adjust actions in relation
to others and adapt to offer best possible care to patients.
- Communication - Effective written and oral communication skills
to explain complex issues, exchange information between team
members, and tactfully discuss issues. Ability to perform group
presentations and listen to and understand complex information and
- Team Building - Ability to work, function and communicate on a
multi-disciplinary team. Possess the knowledge and skills to
develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with
others and maintain them over time.
- Medical Terminology - Knowledge of medical records, procedures
and terminology. Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies,
procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Social Perceptiveness - Ability to work with a diverse
population from pediatrics to geriatrics. Basic understanding of
age-related differences in caring for and/or communicating with
patients and caregivers. Possess personal sensitivity to the needs
and experiences of others and a nonjudgmental attitude towards
persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles, and ages.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 - 100% of the time)
WALK - INCLINE
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 40 - 60 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 20 - 40 Lbs
PUSH (0-20 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)
CLIMB - STAIRS
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 0 - 20 Lbs
KNEEL (on knees)
REACH - Forward
REACH - Upward
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
SQUAT Static (hold > 30 sec)
BEND FORWARD at waist
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists
Keywords: Samaritan Health Services, Albany , Clinic Care Coordinator, Healthcare , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!