Health and Wellness Director, RN
Company: Brookdale Geary Street
Posted on: September 21, 2022
OverviewRN - Health & Wellness Director. Similar to a DON but
for Assisted Living level of care.-We will train you in Assisted
Living-3+ weeks of paid onboarding/training prior to starting your
new role with us-15% Annual Perforance Bonus-Great benefits-Work
for the LARGEST senior living company in the US. We set you up for
success and provide career growth opportunities - -Make Lives
Better Including Your Own. -If you want to work in an environment
where you can become your best possible self, join us! - Youll earn
more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your
career through professional development, as well as ongoing
programs catered to your overall health and wellness. - -Full suite
of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are
available and vary by employment status. - Additional benefits
offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate DiscountsThis is an incentive based
position, which may include bonuses, incentive or commission plans.
-Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply. -Please note, Brookdale
is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations
regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.ResponsibilitiesManages
the day-to-day clinical services of a highly complex, multiple
product line, or large community. Ensures residents healthcare
needs are met while treated with respect and dignity, and ensures
quality care as residents healthcare needs change. Supervises and
provides leadership, as well as coaching, to licensed nurses and
other direct care staff within the community. May be responsible
for leading additional clinical leadership team of five or more
members. The HWD level for each community is determined based on
the total complexity of the role. Complexity criteria include, but
are not limited to, factors such as size, type of product lines,
medication management regulations, 90-day assessment requirements,
multiple licensure requirements, state regulatory complexity, and
skilled services requiring an RN.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based
licensed, certified, and non-certified clinical associates.
- Supervises, directs, and motivates clinical leadership staff in
supervision of clinical care associates and resident care.
- Assigns and directs work of clinical leadership team and
subordinates; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines
associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Oversees and may provide training and education to caregivers
on an ongoing basis with classroom in-services and
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by caregiving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, oversees medication administration, oversees functional and
psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service
plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident,
evaluates effectiveness, and maximizes the residents opportunity to
remain in their environment.
- Manages and oversees the health care of residents, including
the dissemination of information to families and associates.
Ensures that family members are aware of residents need for
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described/allowed in Nurse Practice Act
or other state regulation.
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident to
- Evaluates residents, documents changes in condition, and
notifies Executive Director, residents physician, and residents
legally responsible party/family of residents condition and
- Communicates with physicians regarding residents status and
condition changes. Ensures residents are prepared for physician
appointments and visits.
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
- Leads or manages meetings relevant to resident care issues,
such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate parties as
- Coordinates or oversees scheduling of in-house ancillary
medical services, such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits,
psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance, etc. and ensures they are
- Manages department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers Compensation claims by
appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and
involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty responsibilities/shifts as
required. -This job description represents an overview of the
responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An
associate should perform all duties as assigned by their
supervisor.QualificationsEducation and Experience
- Education as required to obtain state nursing license (LPN/LVN
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience. Clinical leadership
- Working knowledge of basic technology and electronic
- Skilled nursing experience may be required. -Certifications,
Licenses, and Other Special RequirementsState nursing license
(LPN/LVN or RN). Must have valid drivers license.
-Management/Decision MakingApplies existing guidelines and
procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound
judgment and experience to solve complex problems based on
precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
-Knowledge and SkillsPossesses extensive knowledge of a distinct
skill or function and desire to understand the culture and work
environment. -Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
- Requires Driving: - Drives Self (Tier 2) -Brookdale is an equal
opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Brookdale Geary Street, Albany , Health and Wellness Director, RN, Healthcare , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!