Research Project Manager
Company: Leidos Inc
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Description Job Description:Looking for an opportunity to make
an impact?We are seekinga Research Project Managerto join our
teamin Albany, OR. This work will involve managing the efforts of a
multi-disciplinary, scientific, and technically-oriented national
laboratory team that produces technological solutions for America's
energy challenges. From developing creative innovations and
efficient energy systems, to advancing technologies that enhance
oil and natural gas extraction and transmission processes, NETL
research is providing breakthroughs and discoveries that support
home-grown energy initiatives, stimulate a growing economy, and
improve the health, safety, and security of all Americans. Highly
skilled women and men at NETL's three research sites - Albany,
Oregon; Morgantown, West Virginia, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -
conduct a broad range of research activities that support DOE's
mission to advance the national, economic, and energy security of
the United States.Remote work is possible up to 25%.Come join the
Leidos Research Support Team supporting the National Energy
Technology Laboratory (NETL), where you'll be able to work side by
side with world-class scientists and engineers supporting basic and
applied research to discover, integrate, and mature technology
solutions that enhance the nation's energy foundation and protect
the environment for future generations.. Explore the Research
Support Services (RSS) contract for the U.S. Department of Energy's
(DOE) National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) here -
https://netl.doe.gov/Location: Candidates must be local to the
Albany, OR area, as this position is onsite at the NETL campus in
Albany, OR. Remote work is possible up to 25%.If this sounds like
the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!Primary
- Planning, organizing, securing, and managing technical
resources to bring about the successful completion of specific
project goals and objectives within a matrix organization.
- Ensuring that assigned projects are executed within scope,
schedule, and budget constraints and at required quality following
active customer communication.
- Tracking project spending and projections for each project with
input provided by the financial and support groups.
- Interfacing with task and functional leaders, subcontractors,
and support personnel to coordinate timely execution of
- Communicating with colleagues across multiple areas (project
managers, other professional resources, etc.) to solve complex
problems that require deliberate, thorough analysis.
- Communicating status of assigned projects to government
- Working independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with
significant impact on operational results or project
- Identify and mitigate risks for assigned projects.
- Possessing a working knowledge of policy, practices and
procedures and conveying that knowledge to others within the
- Identify, and work with research leaders to develop scope work
plans, assign staff, and hire additional supports.
- Meet regularly with assigned staff to develop 5-year plans,
follow up with annual goals, identify and foster areas of
- Coordinate with other Project Managers to form new research
connections for staff, thereby increasing flexibility for customer
and team.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in the physical sciences and 6+ years of prior
relevant experience or Masters in the physical sciences with 4+
years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong skills in personnel and financial management,
organization, communication, and conflict resolution.
- Experience in organizational coaching and transformational
leadership with a growth mindset.
- Experience managing customer or client expectations.
- Prior supervisory leadership.
- Ability to learn and apply standard policies and
- Must be able to meet the requirements for gaining access to
work on the NETL campusPreferred Qualifications:
- Experience coordinating the execution of complex research
projects as part of a team.
- Experience in developing, leading and successfully executing
- PMP certificationPay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $102,000.00 -
$137,700.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Albany , Research Project Manager, Executive , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!