Company: ATI Metals
Posted on: March 7, 2019
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
Under the leadership of the Project Engineering Manager or Part Project Engineer, the Engineering Technician assists Project Engineers, Process Engineers, and production teams in the development of process or product documentation and in the management of projects and production parts with direction from Project Engineering Manager or Part Project Engineer.
* Continuous review of production parts to improve ergonomics, quality and efficiency.
* Identify areas to reduce labor through use of mechanical devices, fixturing, tool rework or other manufacturing aids.
* Act as a resource for area leaders, including manufacturing, P&IC and quality.
* Assist in the development of standards, goals and metrics in a variety of areas and programs to support ATI Cast Products business plans.
* Use CAD software to produce images for work instructions, and extract data from customer models.
* Assist in First Article processing instructions, analysis and compilation of data.
* Assist or manage the implementation of ideas generated through continuous improvement efforts.
* Develop/design fixturing used for casting production. Work with vendors to optimize designs for cost of manufacture and ease of use by manufacturing personnel.
* Work with manufacturing, sales and customers to resolve production part-related issues.
* Assist in generating and collating Technique Cards to meet customer and company requirements.
* Assist Project Engineers or Process Engineers in the collection of part data for statistical analysis.
* Develop skill in the use of statistical analysis.
* Research and compile data for problem-solving activities.
* Assist in First Article analysis and compilation of data.
* Under the direction of a project engineer, assist in implementing and monitoring special tests.
* Participate on improvement teams.
* Point-of-Contact with vendors and customers.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
* A 4-year college degree in any engineering, science or related field.
* 5 years of experience in engineering or manufacturing along with successful completion of courses in Basic Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and Statistics may be considered in lieu of a 4-year college degree.
* Experience in investment casting is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
* Blueprints and drafting practices.
* Statistical evaluation, data analysis and experimentation techniques.
* The investment casting process (Level II only).
* Microsoft Word and Excel; Access and PowerPoint desirable.
* Interpersonal communication and training.
* Use basic dimensional equipment (e.g. calipers, micrometers and other measuring tools).
* Work effectively in a team environment.
* Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, at different levels within and across the organization as well as external customers and vendors.
* Organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively, to meet timeline and schedule requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Keywords: ATI Metals, Albany , Engineering Technician, Engineering , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!