Refrigeration Project Engineer (Ammonia)
Company: Oregon Freeze Dry , Inc.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
------------Oregon Freeze Dry, makers of Mountain House, is looking
for a -Refrigeration Project Engineer -to lead our ammonia projects
and PSM. -This position is Responsible for refrigeration systems
and programs across all facilities, including management of capital
projects and leadership of compliance activities. - Works cross
functionally with refrigeration mechanics, engineers, production
and safety to maintain, upgrade, and improve plant refrigeration
systems and the PSM program. Oregon Freeze Dry is a purpose-driven
technology solutions company with nearly six decades of
freeze-drying expertise including branded business, contract
services and bio/pharma products. -We find inspiration in our
ability to create solutions that improve the lives of individuals
and communities around the globe. - - Job responsibilities include,
but are not limited to:
- Manages all aspects PSM program for all Oregon facilities and
ensures employee safety, and full compliance with federal, state,
and regulatory requirements. - This includes, but is not limited to
training, verification and documentation; RMP and ERP maintenance,
facilitates PHA audits, documents and drives action plans,
facilitates regular PSM meetings, and MOC documentation.
- Coaches, implements and enforces local, state, and federal
codes and regulations, particularly those regarding workplace
safety, food safety, and environmental compliance.
- Acts as a first responder on the company hazardous material
- Represents the company during EPA and OSHA refrigeration system
- Manages all aspects of refrigeration projects, as well as any
other projects as assigned, including cost estimates, scheduling,
project scope, appropriation requests, purchasing and contracts,
budget management, installation, start-up and hand-off to
- Implements capital projects and provides technical services to
maintain and optimize existing or provide new mechanical services
- Optimizes output of facility through coordination of
manufacturing and scheduling of maintenance of refrigeration
equipment (both preventative and repairs).
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership team on construction,
renovation, infrastructure projects and maintenance; provides input
and recommendations to strategic 5-10 year plan. Required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field; ten years related
- Experience in creating and maintaining Process Safety
- Five years experience with ammonia refrigeration system; or
solid knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot,
ammonia refrigeration systems
- IIAR or RETA Certified to manage PSM System desired
- Knowledge of ERP systems, validation, calibration, resource
scheduling, purchasing, receiving, and capital project cost
- Knowledge of and ability to coach OSHA safety policies
- Demonstrated ability to use financial analysis, estimating and
planning concepts to complete projects timely and on budget;
demonstrated ability to use data and analytics to help drive
- Demonstrated strong computer skills including proficiency in
Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication ability to communicate at all levels,
internally and externally.
- Travel between local sites (within the same town) is required
regularly; also requires intermittent travel out of state to OFD's
New York facility, vendor locations or for other business purposes.
- - - What are Oregon Freeze Dry's Values?
- Get it done together
- Care for each other
- Passionate and Proud
- Dare to make a difference
- Help our customers win
- Do the right thing
------------ Individuals expressing interest in this opening may be
provided a job description outline detailing the specific duties
and responsibilities of this position. Candidates may be required
to participate in personal interviews and other evaluation
processes. Criminal background checks may be completed on all
applicants. Oregon Freeze Dry is a drug free workplace. AFFIRMATIVE
ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Oregon Freeze Dry , Inc., Albany , Refrigeration Project Engineer (Ammonia), Engineering , Albany, Oregon
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...